Add'l $5 Handling Fee at Checkout. If Shipping a rifle or receiver, we return these UPS ground Adult Signature Required.
As the registered owner of the firearm, you can ship it to us for work and we can return it directly back to you (NEW firearms orders must be shipped to a FFL dealer). However you must be the signer when UPS returns the firearm back to you. We are required by BATF to have the firearm owner’s signature by UPS for legal return. Requirements for shipping your firearm to us:
- Must include a Order Confirmation or completed Work Order. (If not placing your order online)
- Prior to shipping, remove all stocks, scopes, mounts and accessories from your firearm unless they are necessary for the work to be done.
- Insure your contents for full retail value. We are not responsible for incoming shipping damage and will contact you if we have determined that your shipment has been damaged in transit to us.
- Make sure that the firearm is well packed to prevent movement and damage in shipment. There should be a buffer of at least one inch of packing material between your firearm and the wall of the box. If you are shipping a rifle, wrap some extra cardboard around the action to prevent the trigger from punching through the side of the box and getting damaged.
- If you are using an original factory box for shipping, we recommend inserting them into another plain box so there is no indication that a firearm is enclosed.
- When selecting a box to ship your firearm, make sure to choose a box that will accommodate the firearm after the work is performed. Adding a stock, muzzle break, etc. increases the dimensions of your firearm, so the box and packing material you use should allow for that change in dimension. Additionally, when securing your firearm with packing material, strive for simplicity. An inexpensive plastic hard case ($15 - $20 at big box or department stores) makes for a good shipping box if you secure the clasps with duct tape. If you choose to ship in a hard case without using protective cushioning around the case itself, be aware that the case may suffer some cosmetic or physical damage in transit.
- We will return your firearm by UPS. Ground Shipping/insurance for long guns will usually be approximately $20.00 to $40.00. Complete Pistols must ship by UPS NEXT DAY Air. These charges start at a minimum of $70.00 depending on your location.
- Shipping Address and Phone Number: E. Arthur Brown Company • 4088 County Road 40 NW • Garfield, MN 56332 • 320.834.3000