Features of the Choate Tactical Stock:
- Full length bedding block (see cutaway picture)
- Adjustable butt spacer system to adjust the length of pull
- Rail and sliding swivel on bottom of forend to attach a bipod
- Sling swivels on both sides.
- Will work on Savage Rifles with Bolt Release as part of the Trigger Guard
- Does NOT fit Axis/Edge
Fits the Savage factory short actions (SA) with or without accu-trigger, models 10, 11, 12, 14, 16.
Choose the Centerfeed 4.41" screw spacing if you have the centerfeed magazine. Choose the Detach Mag 4.41" screw spacing if you have a detachable magazine rifle. Choose the 4.27" spacing if you have the original staggerfeed style magazine. Long Action-
Fits the Savage factory Long Action (LA) models 110, 111, 112, 114, 116 with blind bottom magazines and with action screw spacing of 5.062". Does not fit detachable magazine nor hinged floor plate long actions.Stock fits All Barrel Contours
- Since "free floating" of the barrel is preferred on all bolt actions, Choate has set this stock up to fit any barrel including the widest diameter bull barrels. Skinny barrels will have a wide gap between the barrel and the forend but they will shoot accurately from this stock. Be sure to select the correct stock depending on whether you have a Staggerfeed, Centerfeed or Detachable Magazine. Important Fitting Information
- Long Actions have a screw hole spacing of 5.062" and come in Center Feed or Stagger Feed. You must selected the correct stock for your gun. Center Feed is when you remove the action from the stock and the magazine stays in the stock. Stagger Feed is when you remove the action from the stock and the magazine box stays attached to the receiver. Detachable Mag
: Will not fit the detachable magazine rifles when the magazine release button is part of the magazine! Will not fit the Savage detachable magazine rifles with the accurate-mag bottom metal that uses the AI magazine. This stock WILL fit detachable magazine rifles with the bolt release located on the bottom of the rifle OR on the top side. Hinged Floorplate
: Use detachable mag fitting and screw spacing requirements.
- There will be an 3/16 gap under the safety on all the Savage Varmint, Tactical and Sniper stocks. The action should only touch on the V of the bedding block and back of the recoil lug. The gap at the
back is normal for Savage actions when installed in our stocks.
We have many more models... See our Choate Gun Stocks